In addition to our Full-Time team at Evolve Studio we regularly work with core freelancers on a part-time or permalancer basis. We are always on the on the look out for core collaborators in specialized disciplines.
About the Editor position...
We are looking for talented editors to collaborate with as we create innovative and engaging digital film content. You will work side by side with our creative and postproduction team to ultimately serve the writer/director’s vision, meet the client's needs, and keep the post workflow running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
As an editor, you may be working on all aspects of the edit, as well as some basic VFX. The ideal candidate is a story minded and detail oriented individual who is experienced in managing more than one concurrent project in a high-speed, high-performance environment. They are a force of calm and good judgment, an adaptable person who revels in change.
Editor responsibilities are:
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Customer Service: Drive client supervised sessions; screenings, and visual effects reviews. Implement notes from the client and creative team
- Quality Assurance: Detailed oriented. Thoroughly check all work for errors before content is distributed downstream.
- Contribute to a passionate and dynamic team of storytellers
Editor requirements are:
- 2-3 years experience as a Lead Editor or Assistant Editor (please specify in application). Expert knowledge of the Adobe Suite, project set-up, and essential editorial workflows.
- Work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Flexible with shift hours
- Committed Teammate.
- Attention to detail, demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- Self-starter with an ability to work autonomously and pick up new software/ tools quickly.
- Excellent organization and time management; able to prioritize work effectively and efficiently with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor's degree in filmmaking studies or related field is a plus
- SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE: Adobe Premiere Pro (Davinici Resolve is a plus)